'Early Child Development and Peacebuilding – Making the Links' is a global conference that will be hosted virtually by the LINKS Network from 24th to 27th May 2021. The conference will explore the impact of early childhood development programmes in contributing to sustainable development and peacebuilding and social cohesion in low- and middle-income countries affected by conflict.
The LINKS International Conference will take place online over four days and will showcase the work conducted by the LINKS network over the last four years.
Specific themes of interest will include:
· The relationship between ECD and social cohesion
· Adapting ECD programmes to improve social cohesion
· Measuring social cohesion in the context of ECD programmes
· The impact of ECD programmes on peacebuilding and social cohesion: results of programme evaluations
· The experiences of parents, teachers and community members of being involved in ECD programmes
The LINKS conference will include a series of keynote addresses from subject experts and esteemed guests including:
· Dr Rima Salah, Chair of the Early Childhood Peace Consortium (ECPC)
· Prof Hiro Yoshikawa, Global Ties for Children, New York University
· Prof Paul Connolly, Director of LINKS, Lancaster University
The conference will also include presentations from research partners in each of our partner countries and opportunities to network and engage with presenters and delegates from across the globe.
Register and get more information here.