ISSA Seeks Admin and Office Assistant in Leiden
The deadline for this vacancy has passed.
ISSA seeks to hire an Admin and Office Assistant. The position is based at ISSA’s office in the Child Rights Home, looking out on the famous Burcht in the center of Leiden. You will join two other colleagues in the Administrative support team, who provide support to a very international core team of 10 staff members. Depending on the availability of the most suitable candidate, the position is either full- or part-time position for a minimum of 32 hours a week. You will report to the Finance/HR Manager, but as ISSA is a small organisation, you will be involved with the entire team in providing a smooth operating environment and assist with a variety of initiatives and processes. You will constantly be learning and developing new skills.
- Prepare and process purchase & sales invoices in Basecone and Twinfield
- Prepare payments
- Debtor and creditor control
- Bank bookings
- Contribute to the preparation of financial and project reports
- Other basic financial support
- Update Time Sheets and holiday overview
- Prepare and file contracts for staff
- Maintain employee records
- Other employee administrative support
- Maintain official ISSA files (Board minutes, statutes, regulations), storage areas etc.
- Provide information (by mail or on the telephone) in response to inquiries about ISSA
- Provide 1st line of IT support
- Support the admin team in meeting the needs of the office, including ordering supplies and house-keeping
- Ensure that office equipment and communications systems are properly maintained and serviced; liaise with service providers as needed
Program & Membership Support
- Support with the logistics for ISSA’s Conference, as well as for various other meetings, trainings and events (in-person or online), including financial aspects
- Data collection and processing to measure membership engagement
- Support with grant reporting and other grant related administration
- Provide basic administrative support to the Executive Director, including planning meetings and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Maintaining data protection requirements
- Provide support on an ad hoc basis to all members of the ISSA team as needed
Education and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping
- Basic HR and office management knowledge
- HBO degree is an advantage
- Knowledge of the MS 365 company environment is a plus
- At least 3 years administration and/or office support roles
- Experience in working with accounting software and/or CRM systems, experience with Basecone and Twinfield in particular is an advantage
- GDPR experience a plus
- Experience with non-profit administration and donor-reporting is an advantage
Abilities and Skills
- Interest in programs addressing the needs of children and a commitment to ISSA’s vision, mission and values
- Strong administrative skills with attention to detail and a high level of work accuracy
- Strong organizational/time management skills, including being able to work on multiple issues and projects, ability to prioritize work, and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated in supporting the team combined with the ability to work independently when necessary, as well as to work constructively as part of a team
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly and effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Fluency in English and Dutch both in writing and verbally
- Good level of computer literacy and affinity with IT.
- Affinity with numbers and strong Excel skills
Applicants should send
- A letter of interest of up to two pages indicating why they are ideally qualified for the position
- A full CV
- The names and contact information (email address and phone number) of two referees
Send your application to Ning Alfrink at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for the applications: 10 May 2021.