Online meeting: Virtual cross-country learning exchange on the implementation of playful parenting programmes
Are you program manager of ECD government programs, practitioner, ECD advocate, or member of a civil society organization that provides services to families with young children?
- Share your knowledge and experience in advocating for and implementing programmes that promote nurturing care and playful parenting, address challenges and celebrate successes.
- Get inspired by experiences from Kenya, Serbia, and Zambia.
- Discuss with peers from all over the globe how to strengthen the services and involve families and communities for playful parenting.
- Connect with colleagues through virtual playful activities.
The meeting will zoom into two critical areas of Playful Programme implementation:
- Strengthening services: Improving services across sectors that promote nurturing care and playful parenting for young children and their families
- Involving families and communities: Empowering families and communities in changing behaviors and environments in ways that support playful parenting and nurturing care
The meeting will feature a panel discussion with members of three teams involved in the initiative – UNICEF Serbia, UNICEF Zambia, and the Aga Khan Development Network. The panel discussion will examine the specific actions these organizations are undertaking as part of the Playful Parenting initiative to strengthen services and/or involve families and communities in raising awareness and changing behaviors in ways that support playful parenting and nurturing care. Promising practices and lessons learned will be shared as an inspiration for other practitioners who aim to improve their practices. The panel will be accompanied by playful energizers organized by the Lego Foundation. In the break-out groups, we will have the opportunity for more in-depth discussion between practitioners building on the issues discussed in the panel.
- Joyce Marangu, Project Coordinator, Aga Khan Development Network
- Given Daka, Education Specialist, UNICEF Zambia
- Mila Vukovic Jovanovic, Early Childhood Development Officer, UNICEF Serbia
- Gemma Tumelty, Playful Parenting Initiative Lead, LEGO Foundation
- Zorica Trikic, Senior Program Manager, International Step by Step Association