Join us for a virtual event on strengthening the availability, quality and strategic use of data on Early Childhood Development!
The world has come to recognize that investing in early childhood development (ECD) is paramount for individual, national and global prosperity. In 2015, early childhood development was included in the Sustainable Development Goals under Goal 4 (Target 4.2), reaffirming its centrality in the global development agenda.
Join us for this virtual event to launch the 2020 Countdown Country Profiles on ECD as well as a new measure of young children’s developmental outcomes for SDG monitoring, the Early Childhood Development Index 2030 (ECDI2030).
This event will convene a panel of experts and country representatives to discuss the current state of knowledge on ECD and rally partners around investing in strengthening the availability, quality and strategic use of data on ECD to support country and cross-country action and monitoring.
Moderator: Mark Hereward, Associate Director, Data and Analytics Section, UNICEF
• Omar Abdi, Deputy Executive Director, UNICEF
• Linda Richter, Distinguished Professor, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
• Cesar Victora, Emeritus Professor, Federal University of Pelotas, Brazil
• Ghassan Issa, General Coordinator, Arab Network for ECD, Arab Resource Collective
• Claudia Cappa, Senior Adviser Statistics and Monitoring, Data and Analytics Section, UNICEF
• Tonatiuh Barrientos, Director of the Center for Population Health Research, National Institute of Public Health, Mexico
• Felix Phiri, Director of the National Nutrition Body, Malawi
• Anshu Banerjee, Director, Department of Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Ageing, World Health Organization
The event will be jointly hosted by UNICEF and the Nurturing Care for Early Childhood Development Metrics Joint Technical Working Group of the Countdown to 2030.
Register for the event here.