Contact ISSA Member
Step by Step Czech Republic
“Changing school environment so that kids, parents and teachers spend meaningful, creative and joyful time there.”
SbS Czech Republic is a non-profit organization implementing modern pedagogical methods in pre-schools and primary schools. Accredited by the Ministry of Education it provides teachers with further education and runs training courses for educational professionals and institutions.
SbS Czech Republic supports the development of democratic society and motivates individual persons and communities to build a tolerant, multicultural society.
It is also a sole licensee of the educational programme “Step by Step” (Začít spolu) in the Czech Republic. Introduced in 1994 in the country, the programme is currently used in more than 250 Czech schools.
Key objectives of the organization:
● to implement and develop the educational programme “Step by Step” in pre-schools and primary schools in the Czech Republic
● to manage a network of schools involved in the “Step by Step” programme
● to provide teachers with further education and support them to grow
● to develop an inclusive environment in Czech schools
● to initiate collaboration among teachers, educational authorities and institutions
● to get involved in Czech educational projects and strategic discussions
● to support a collaboration among key players: family - school - community
● to mediate international experience by organizing internships for teachers
Methodological Centers for Teachers will be Opened in the Czech Republic This Year
Nine methodological centers will be established in 2021 in different locations in the Czech Republic. These centers will be based nearby schools...
Resources and practices
The Learning Together project has created a network of 15 Centres for Peer Support, which provide a platform for mutual learning across...
The WANDA Method: Overview and Steps Forward
This resource summarizes the contents of the Peer Learning Activity (PLA) among ISSA members during 5 years, which focused on the WANDA...