Contact ISSA Member
Worldwide Foundation for Vulnerable Children
Worldwide Foundation for at Risk Children Bulgaria was founded in 2009 as part of the US based Worldwide Orphans Foundation and has been working in promoting early childhood development and learning through play in Bulgaria since then.
WFRC transforms the lives of children, families, and communities in need through trauma-informed, evidence-based programming for vulnerable children, increasing their confidence, self-esteem and sense of belonging, and by giving out-of-school youth and adults the skills and opportunity to lead structured play.
· WFRC is a capacity building organization aiming at supporting local grass root organizations working with local vulnerable communities to deliver its signature Element of Play (EOP) program;
· This is a cost-effective and sustainable work model for reaching out to more children and families with direct services and developing small organisations at the same time;
· It is also a good way to promote the EOP program and make it a recognizable and preferred one among children and professionals;
· Currently, WFRC works in 33 locations with 26 partner organization from all over the country with various profiles – NGOs, kindergartens, schools, hospitals, municipalities, social care institutions for children (Baby homes and Family-type group homes for children with disabilities), cultural community centers (very often they are the only ones in remote places with no services for early childhood development);
· WWO Bulgaria serves through its partners vulnerable children such as: children living in extreme poverty, Roma children (marginalized and segregated), refugee children, children with disabilities, children in hospitals.
No news yet.