International conference: “Early Intervention: from theory to practice” in Russia, registration open
ISSA member, Pavlov Institute of Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences "Biological and Social Foundations of Inclusion" center, is a research and education center based in Saint Petersburg, Russia. They are organizing a flagship event on early intervention in June 13-23, 2017. The Pavlov Institute of Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences "Biological and Social Foundations of Inclusion" center is organizing an international conference titled “Early Intervention: from theory to practice”. The conference is a scientific event which will be held in June 13-23, 2017 in St. Petersburg. “Early Intervention: from theory to practice” will discuss the theoretical foundations of early intervention programs and showcase best practices in the care to infants and their families in various countries as well as in the Russian Federation. Featuring Summer School activities, the event will also focus on lessons learned in training young specialists, parents and volunteers. The events activities will include lectures, reports, workshops and master-classes of leading experts in the field of early intervention on a wide range of themes:
- organization of interdepartmental and interdisciplinary cooperation,
- organization of medical rehabilitation in the departments of reanimation and pathology of newborns,
- support of children of the group of biological risk,
- assessment of the effectiveness of early interdisciplinary care,
- organization of habilitation and rehabilitation of disabled children,
- practical application of the system of the «International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)» (WHO),
- introduction of home visits,
- problems of developmental pediatrics and profile education,
- other important aspects of early care for children and their families.
Find registration information and the program here.