ISSA seeks Senior Communications Officer in Leiden
The deadline for this vacancy has passed.
The International Step by Step Association (ISSA) is a vibrant international network that connects professionals and non-profit organizations working in the field of early childhood development. Established in the Netherlands in 1999, ISSA’s community today stretches across the globe with more than 80 member organizations coming from close to 40 countries, primarily located in Europe and Central Asia. In addition to providing capacity building and networking opportunities to its members, ISSA also offers a range of services and resources to other stakeholders, increasingly acting as a broader platform for early childhood education and care. With a yearly budget of approximately 1.5 million EURO, ISSA’s operations are carried out through its programmatic and networking activities, with an emerging social enterprise division to generate unrestricted income from sales.
ISSA seeks to hire a Senior Communications Officer, based at ISSA’s office in the Child Rights Home, Leiden/The Netherlands. Depending on the availability of the most suitable candidate, the position is either a full-time position or part-time (at 0,8 FTE).
The Senior Communications Officer reports to the Executive Director.
- Oversee the overall communications of ISSA, internally and externally and across various channels, and propose ways to improve its efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure that all ISSA web portals (intranet, external website, social media) are up to date, accurate, compelling and functional; liaise with website developer and tech support as needed;
- Write and produce high quality communications materials (newsletters, website content, leaflets, posters, banners, news releases etc.) and effectively communicate these across key audiences;
- Ensure timely dissemination of information outputs from ISSA in line with its strategy
- Contribute to effective social media presence for ISSA in English, through blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter;
- Support the Executive Director to develop and foster high quality standards and guidelines for ISSA's communications across different media and formats;
- Support other ISSA staff to work with members and partners to document and publish their work and lessons;
- Coordinate communications around events organized or hosted by ISSA;
- Liaise and work with external suppliers and partners including, but not limited to designers, printers and production companies.
Required Experience and Skills
- University degree in communications or related field;
- At least five-year experience working in a communications environment: proven experience in developing a communications strategy and communications materials for a variety of audiences
- Strong native-level English language writing, editing and speaking skills required; other languages desirable (especially Dutch, Romani or Russian);
- Ability to translate complex technical words and ideas into language easily comprehensible to non-specialists;
- Strong social media and multi-media knowledge;
- Demonstrated knowledge of membership associations, networks or of the civil society sector is an advantage;
- Experience working in the education sector or on early childhood issues is an advantage;
- Previous experience with event organization and databases is an advantage;
- Proven ability to cultivate contacts and develop networks;
- Attentive to deadlines, flexible and able to deal with high workload;
- Strong team player; proven inter-personal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; able to work independently;
- A strong commitment to ISSA’s values.
All applications will be considered on their merit against the criteria above.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Commensurate with experience. The terms of the contract will be determined on the basis of the applicable Dutch Labor Code.
Applicants should send:
- A letter of interest of up to two-pages indicating why they are ideally qualified for the position
- A full CV
- The names and contact information (email address and phone number) of two referees.
- An unedited English-language writing sample by the applicant.
Application Deadline: 1 March, 2018
Applications should be sent via email to Bregje van Bemmel at email@example.com, indicating in the subject line: Senior Communications Officer Search.
All applicants will receive an acknowledgment of receipt but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the course of the selection process.
Recruitment will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
More information about ISSA can be found at: www.issa.nl.
ISSA is an equal opportunity employer, which supports diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.