NEW (Free) RESOURCE - How to build a Play Space? 'Toy for Inclusion' will show you.
The new ‘TOY for Inclusion' toolkit provides all the information trainers and practitioners need to set-up and run play spaces for children, families and communities. The toolkit pays particular attention to social integration, intercultural and intergenerational dialogue, and social inclusion in the context of Early Childhood Education and Care. It provides helpful tips and approaches to help establish a safe and inclusive play space.
All the topics:
- Setting the vision for all the children in the local community;
- The importance of community-based ECEC and integration of services for inclusion, equity and respect for diversity;
- Play spaces as community resource hubs;
- All generations learning and playing together (intergenerational learning);
- The importance of desegregated ECEC for Roma and non-Roma children, and anti-bias education;
- Quality in community-based ECEC projects.
In short, it is a step-by-step guide to creating inclusive Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) Play Hubs for all generations.
Should you need assistance, International Child Development Initiatives (ICDI), is willing to help organizations with play space issues and questions.