WE'RE HIRING - ISSA Seeks Finance Assistant/Office Coordinator (temp)
The International Step by Step Association (ISSA) is a vibrant international network that connects professionals and non-profit organizations working in the field of early childhood development. Established in the Netherlands in 1999, ISSA’s community today stretches across the globe with more than 85 member organizations coming from close to 40 countries, primarily located in Europe and Central Asia. In addition to providing capacity building and networking opportunities to its members, ISSA also offers a range of services and resources to other stakeholders, increasingly acting as a broader platform for early childhood education and care. With a yearly budget of approximately 1.5 million EURO, ISSA’s operations are carried out through its programmatic and networking activities, with an emerging social enterprise division to generate unrestricted income from sales.
ISSA seeks to hire a temporary Finance Assistant/Office Coordinator, during the maternity leave of a current staff member - from November 2018 to September 2019. Some overlapping is planned, for a good hand-over of the tasks involved. While not guaranteed, ISSA will consider extending the position, should the organization need additional staff. The position is based at ISSA’s office in the Child Rights Home in Leiden, joining a team of 10 staff members. Depending on the availability of the most suitable candidate, the position is either a full-time position or part-time (at 0,8 FTE). The Finance Assistant/Office Coordinator reports to the Finance Manager and, for some of the tasks, to the Executive Director.
- Prepare and process payments, expense reimbursements, invoices, grant letters and contracts
- Contributing to the preparation of financial and project reports
- Check payroll including salary tax and payment; liaise with payroll service provider
- Maintenance of petty cash for the office
- Maintain employee records, overview of time sheets and holidays
- Prepare and file contracts for staff and consultants
- Maintain official files (Board minutes, statutes, regulations), storage areas etc.
- Coordinate logistics for ISSA’s International Conference, as well as for other various meetings, trainings and conferences, including financial aspects
- Provide basic administrative support to the Executive Director and other staff, including photocopying, mailing, coordinating travel arrangements
- Provide information (by mail or on the telephone) in response to inquiries about ISSA
- Manage the needs of the office including ordering supplies/equipment and house-keeping
- Ensure that office equipment and communications systems are properly maintained and serviced; liaise with service providers as needed
Education and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping, especially Dutch administration procedures
- Basic HR and office management knowledge
- HBO/university degree is an advantage
- Experience of at least 5 years in office coordination/administration jobs
- Experience in non-profit administration and with donor-reporting is an advantage.
- Experience in working with any accounting software and/or CRM systems is an asset
- Experience with event organization and support to project management is an advantage
Abilities and Skills
- Interest in programs addressing the needs of children and a commitment to ISSA’s vision, mission and values
- Strong organizational/time management skills, including being able to work on multiple issues and projects, ability to prioritize work, meet tight deadlines and achieve goals
- Strong administrative skills with attention to detail and a high level of work accuracy
- High level of self-motivation combined with the ability to work independently when necessary, as well as to work constructively as part of a team and to liaise with other staff and partner organizations to accomplish specific tasks
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly and effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Fluency in English and Dutch both in writing and verbally
- High level of computer literacy.
All applications will be considered on their merit against the criteria above.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Commensurate with experience. The terms of the contract will be determined on the basis of the applicable Dutch Labour Code.
Applicants should send:
- A letter of interest of up to 2 pages indicating why they are ideally qualified for the position
- A full CV
- The names and contact information (email address and phone number) of two referees.
Application Deadline: 8 October 2018
Applications should be sent via email to Eva Izsak at email@example.com indicating in the subject line: Finance Assistant/Office Coordinator Search.
All applicants will receive an acknowledgment of receipt but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the course of the selection process.
Recruitment will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
More information about ISSA can be found at: www.issa.nl. ISSA is an equal opportunity employer, which supports diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.